Driving traffic to your affiliate links can give you headaches. You might have tried everything you can think of, but still didn’t get the results you wanted.
Or even worse, you managed to drive some traffic to your offers, but it’s not the quality of traffic you were expecting. Whatever the situation is, you know affiliate marketing can be extremely profitable.
It’s one of the best online business models out there and you want to take full advantage of it. Traffic is one of the most important aspects of any online business because if you don’t get people to see your stuff, then … you don’t really have a business, do you?
You will be happy to find out there are a couple of ways to get people to see your affiliate links. Some of them are not necessarily easy, but they are proven to work.
I will assume that you don’t want to pay for traffic and that you have a website that you want to get off the ground. Free traffic is great and there are a couple of things you can do in order to make it work for you.
If you’re here to find out what they are, you’re in the right place! By the end of this article, you will know exactly what you need to do in order to get traffic to your affiliate links.
Why High Quality Traffic Is Important For Your Affiliate Marketing Website
Affiliate marketing is a great business model because you don’t need to create your own product in order to make money. BUT you are still responsible with getting people to buy the product that you are promoting.
There are 2 main reasons why getting good traffic to your affiliate website is important:
- Conversions (you will make more sales if you get targeted traffic)
- Branding (if you manage to get targeted traffic, you will get more exposure. Your brand will grow and therefore you will build trust with your audience)
3 Ways To Drive High Quality Traffic To Your Affiliate Marketing Site
Now that you know the importance of high quality traffic, it’s time to take a look at the best ways to get it.
Once you will implement these things, bringing targeted traffic to your website will become easier, therefore you will enjoy the passive income you desire.(3)
#1: Good Content
You’ve probably heard this before, but it’s an absolute must. If you don’t create good content, then you will probably won’t make many sales.
Providing quality content is crucial for your affiliate marketing business. It also helps with building trust with your audience, meaning that they will be more likely to click on your affiliate links.
Try helping your audience by providing them with good answers. It doesn’t need to be the best content they ever saw, but at least do your best to give them the answer they are looking for.(4)
Once you make a posting schedule and stick with it, you will have a much easier time getting traffic to your affiliate links. You will build authority for your brand and people will trust you.
I know it sounds very complicated, but here are a couple of tips that will help you do that:
- Use Good Headlines (there were numerous studies that proved this. If you use good headlines, people are more likely to stay on your website, therefore you will increase your chances to get people to click on your links)
- Try making it engaging (use images or videos to break up your content. Engage your audience so that they have a good user experience. Nobody wants to read a big block of text)
- Focus on helping people (give advices, answer questions and tell them about your past experiences. They are probably facing the same challenges that you did)
If you manage to do this, you will be surprised on how fast your income will increase.
Related: Is Affiliate Marketing Worth It?
Search engine optimization is one of the best ways to drive traffic to your affiliate links. Also, it’s very affordable.
You don’t need to spend thousands of traffic without knowing what you’re doing. If you don’t have a budget, it’s a great idea to focus on SEO.
One of the best aspects of this traffic method is that it’s very targeted. People search something on Google and they end up on your website.(7)
It’s actually not that hard to do SEO. Here are a couple of tips:
- Good content (this ties in very well to the previous advice. Not only that your audience finds value in quality content, but Google also notices it. If you have good content, you will rank higher in the search engines, therefore get more targeted traffic)
- Backlinks (if other websites link to yours, you will rank higher in the search engines. It’s as easy as it sounds)
- Keyword research (try finding low competition keywords so that you have an easy time ranking at the top. For example, In stead of trying to rank for “Nike shoes”, try ranking for “Blue Nike running shoes for women”)
SEO isn’t as complicated as people make it seem. In the end, it all comes down to providing value to your audience.(8)
Google notices how people interact with your site, therefore it’s a good idea to focus on user experience.
Related: Affiliate Marketing For Books
#3: Social Media
Having a strong social media can really help you drive traffic to your affiliate links. Also, it helps with SEO so you will also rank higher in Google.
Create profiles on ALL social media platforms you can think of. After that, you can use a tool that will automatically post new content on your social accounts.
There are free tools like Nextscripts that will literally do all the work for you. All you need to do is to set up your profiles.(9)
This might take a couple of hours, but it’s worth it. Also, having social presence increases your brand authority and trust.
Neglecting social media is a mistake that nearly all beginners do in affiliate marketing .
Driving traffic to your affiliate links can be a hassle in the beginning. Implementing the right strategies is very important, as you will make more money and improve your brand authority.
The most important thing is to be consistent and help your audience with actionable advice.
Having the right training is very important, and for that matter I suggest investing in Affiliate Bots. It’s a program that will help you get targeted traffic in the shortest amount of time possible.