The Groupon affiliate program can be a good choice for people promoting nice deals locally, as well as globally.
If you find the right audience, you can make good money promoting this website. But … how do you do that?
Well, if you’re here to find out how to do exactly that, you’re in the right place! By the end of this article, you will know exactly if you should even bother considering it as an option, as well as how to make the most out of it if you decide to jump into it.
Groupon Affiliate Program Overview
At the time of writing this, Groupon has more than 43 million users on the platform. This means that more and more people are looking for discounted deals for goods and services.
Also, it is one of the biggest eCommerce brands in the United states. Meaning that you should actually consider signing up for their affiliate program.
You will be surprised to find out that the commission structure is not bad, considering what they offer. Groupon offers 10% commissions to its affiliates, therefore it’s much better than the Amazon affiliate program.
You can sign up for their affiliate program by clicking here. The process is fairly straight forward and you shouldn’t have problems getting started right away.
Most people are attracted to the Groupon affiliate program because of the fact that they don’t really need to be good marketers in order to make money.
Groupon have a ton of sweet deals on their website, so making a purchase is a no brainer for the customers. You will be able to promote their products on a blog or a social media platform.
This is great, as you can easily start making money if you already have an Instagram audience. If not, then you can start your own blog and write cool content in order to send traffic to Groupon.
In order to do this, I highly suggest checking out Affiliate Bots, as it makes this process much easier.
Groupon Affiliate Program: Pros and Cons
As with any affiliate program, there are pros and cons. In order to decide whether or not you should bother driving traffic to their website, we need to take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of the program.
- Brand authority: Groupon has become one of the largest ecommerce companies in the United States. Therefore, you can leverage all that trust and authority to your own advantage. It’s always easier to promote a product from a well known website than to try selling unknown products from obscure websites.
- Acceptable commission structure: You might be thinking that 10% commission is not that great. In most cases, I would completely agree with you, but this is a bit different. For example, other well known websites like Amazon sometimes pay less than 2% commissions because they don’t really need you to bring people to their website. Considering the popularity of Groupon, 10% is actually not bad because the traffic tends to convert pretty well.
- Big number of deals: There are currently more than 370.000 active deals on the Groupon website. Why should you care about that? Well, you have a ton of variety when it comes to promoting their offers. Basically, you have unlimited angles to promote these deals and you will never run out of options. This is great, as running out of offers is a problem affiliate marketers often have.
- Tracking: With Groupon, you will be able to track all your clicks, sales and customers very easily. You might not think this is such a big deal, but it really is. Most affiliate marketers pay extra for third party tracking softwares, so you will be able to keep your costs down when promoting offers.
- Restrictions: If you sign up for the Groupon affiliate program, you will not be able to promote products from the competitors of Groupon. This means that you will need to only promote Groupon deals on your website
- Not all countries are allowed: There are currently only 30 countries that Groupon allow their affiliates to reside in. Therefore, if you live in a country that they don’t work with, you will not be able to apply.
Groupon Affiliate Program: Payment Information
Not that we got that out of the way, it’s time to take a look at what you really care about.
You will be happy to find out that you will only need to make $25 per month in order to get paid. This is great, as some affiliate program have a much higher threshold at the end of the month meaning that you would need to send more traffic in order to receive payments.
Also, Groupon pays via wire transfer and direct deposit. Unfortunately, you will not be able to get paid via PayPal or Stripe.
The Groupon affiliate program can be profitable. If you’re an Instagram influencer or a blogger, promoting Groupon deals can be a very good choice.
Considering the authority and trust the company has, the traffic tends to convert quite well. Not only that, but they also have a ton of good deals that you can promote to your audience.
If you want to start an affiliate blog, I suggest taking a look at Affiliate Bots. It streamlines the process making it easy for anyone to start a website as soon as possible.